let the workshops commence!

after a couple of weeks hiatus we are back on for the weekly writing workshops at 38 castle terrace. come and join us from 6-8pm wednedsays to take some time out from your work/chores/life and write.

I notice that when I don't write, I truly miss it. I have been writing a novel for coming up 5 years now, and it is something that I long for when I have been away from the characters and the story. Writing is a way of documenting what we experience, a way of marking the days and months and contributing to the larger human experience. A regular writing practice encourages us to be aware and in touch with how we see the world and gives us a space to have an opinion and hopefully make it clear and beautifully written. We can create our own adventure stories for our kids, fictonalize the mundane and make it spectacular. Writing feels like returning to what is right & true.


Comments

Popular Posts